LONG TERM PARTNERSHIPS & CORPORATE SPONSORSHIPS The Substation has been an integral part of Singapore’s art community since 1990, when it was founded by the late dramatist Kuo Pao Kun. There are many ways in which support can be given to The Substation that will aid significantly in continuing to explore, challenge and innovate artistic practice and encourage emerging and established artists to continue to grow their knowledge, experience and expertise. A corporate partnership with The Substation offers organisations the opportunity to align with an iconic brand that represents innovation, creativity and dynamism.
Venue Naming Rights
In 1991 The Substation signed an agreement with Guinness, the iconic brand of Irish stout, giving naming rights to the theatre that would be known for the next decade as the Guinness Theatre at The Substation. The agreement has since expired, however, it is still referred to by some as the Guinness Theatre, illustrating the longevity of such a naming rights agreement.
The Substation would consider giving naming rights to the following venues at The Substation. The tenure would be ten years and sponsorship benefits would be tailored to suit the sponsor.
- The Substation Theatre
- The Substation Gallery
- The Substation Dance Studio
- The Substation Classroom 1
- The Substation Classroom 2
Programme Presenting Partners:
Throughout the year The Substation presents a number of programmes that could be branded through the appointment of a Presenting Partner. Examples of these programmes are:
- Associate Artist Research Programme (AARP): The AARP a two-year residency programme that aims to support and promote critical research, development and discourse in contemporary art and interdisciplinary practice in Singapore. Throughout the two-year residency, each artist will present performance-lectures, workshops, exhibitions and performances during different stages of their project.
- Open Call: artists are invited to submit proposals for an exhibition with the chosen artist being given space in The Substation Gallery in May, a small budget as well as artistic, curatorial, technical and marketing support.
Corporate sponsorship packages can be tailored to fit the needs of companies who wish to sponsor events presented by The Substation. The benefits to the sponsor can include:
- Increased visibility and enhanced brand awareness through logo accreditation on marketing and publicity material, including a presence on The Substation’s website
- Exclusive VIP events
- Complimentary tickets
- Logo and text mentions on The Substation website
- Logo/text mention on banners, posters, flyers, programmes
- Logo/text mention on The Substation’s EDMs
- Courses and workshops tailored to fit your requirements
For enquiries, please contact us.